Monday, March 16, 2009

So there's this stalker ... and what do you do?

So a couple years ago I was in a pretty shitty position. I was abused and by abused I mean kidnapped and raped. Understand it's not something I focus on in my everyday, but it just so happens that the same guy who did that is in town, the tiny little town where I got to college. When you know that kind of thing, it's kind of distracting to everything else going on around you. I've been really short with people since I found out and I'm not trying to be bitchy it's just that I don't know how to deal with something like that. He was spotted over the weekend near campus, which is private property, and the campus and local cops know the deal.

I have mostly night classes though so I'm even more concerned about it. There's lots of little holes and hideaways on this campus so I don't know what to do. Do I not go to class? Do I tell my professors? Do I call for an escort across campus every time? It's just this crazy and extremely overwhelming situation. I've lost my edge and my patience all in one phone call. Why does my life always seem so damn dramatic?

No comments: