Wednesday, May 27, 2009

3 weeks and a day early

Ok so today my little sister is having twins.

Yes I can say it that way since it's a scheduled C-section but the babies aren't due for 3 more weeks. So it's going to be very interesting.

And she's giving them up for adoption, so I have to remember not to get emotional about it cause they really aren't going to be my new little nieces. They already belong to other people and after this week I won't ever see them again. It's so heartbreaking. The whole family is upset about it, but my sister really isn't ready to be a mom.

The adoptive parents were at the hospital with her yesterday before we got there and that was a little awkward, but the kids are theirs so it's not like you can tell them to get out. It's not that they aren't really nice people, but those little girls (yes both twins are female) are my blood nieces, not just step-nieces.

Oh, I just don't know what I'm going to do at the end of today, but it's going to be really hard I think. Anyway I'm off to the hospital but I thought I should mark the momentous occasion of a birth with a blog.

No comments: