Sunday, November 11, 2012

Who woulda thunk and am I crazy?

Who woulda thunk that I could live in an apartment for a year and a half and have 3 storage totes worth of Christmas stuff?? This isn't even presents that I've already bought (hello sale items = bargain shopping for Christmas) that are tucked away but the decorations and and lights and such that you need for Christmas. 3 storage totes?!?! I can't tell if I have enough or too little - I'm really not sure now that I have a house to decorate

Oh and the crazy part - I signed on to throw the family Christmas party/ cookie exchange party at the brand new house and I need to decorate it from top to bottom for about 50 people to come eat, hang out and open presents. This is why I am going through and organizing my Christmas stuff. This doesn't collection of mine doesn't even include outdoor decorations which I need to get now - although my mom is going to give me some of her lights and decorations since she doesn't use them anymore although going forward that might change since there's a new granddaughter hanging around :)

Ugh - I really thing I've gone off the deep end with this one. I still have to design the invites and reply cards (yes since this is traditionally a pot luck dinner and a cookie exchange, I don't want any duplicate food or cookies - so they are getting an invite and a reply card to let me know what they are bringing for dinner and what cookie they are making - see totally crazy)

Anyway, I need to finish packing the bins and get everything tucked away - it's too early to actually decorate :)

No comments: