Thursday, November 8, 2012

So it's been awhile ...

Yes, it's a been awhile since I've posted, life has just insanely busy with it's up and downs and maybe more downs from my side than ups but the easy recap is:
  • Yes, I got married - it was a wonderful day enjoyed by all who attended
  • Yes, we got a house - and it's been a whirlwind of unpacking and parties
  • I have a new niece - who I am absolutely in love with!!!
  • Daddy-in-law AKA Daddy got really sick and has since been as cured as he possibly can be
  • My jobs sucks and I'm hunting for a new one - the drama and the expectations are just too much (more on this later)
  • We rescued a puppy - a Miniature Poodle boy, who we have renamed to Larry - he's mischievous and adorable

Ok, so the work thing - yes still as insanely busy.  The company I work for has been sold.  The new company that has come in, has well, turned everything upside down.

They have given tasks to my team that have never been ours (no we didn't get anymore money in our pockets for this) and we are essentially the main contact for anything that may even remotely involve our jobs.  Yes, the expectations have essentially tripled for my department and no, we haven't seen any benefits for it.

This is why I continue to look for another job.  I am not happy doing what I do every day day in and day out.  The almost hour long commute certainly doesn't help for a more positive sentiment at all.  The few postings that I have seen that are closer to my house do not sound any better.  The only reason I've stayed this long is because we honestly can't afford for me to be without a paycheck.  I stay for the not so great money.

This is the part where I am going to have my little fit of whining so if you want you can skip down to the next part.  I am the employee that has been on the team the longest and I've been passed over for two promotions within the team.  I haven't seen a cost of living increase since I started with the company.  The cost of gas is almost 4 dollars a gallon and I have to fill my tank at least once a week to cost of almost 50 bucks.  We didn't see an increase for taking on half the responsibilities of another department. This company is making money hand over fist - and we can't even get personal recognition during all employee meetings every quarter.  Then there's my director who likes to play head games and cause unnecessary drama every day.  It's like she wants to see everyone as miserable as she is.  She has dictated that we can no longer play a radio on our desk.  So then we put in headphones, and she gets upset that we are listening to headphones.  I have personally been keeping a record of every nasty and inappropriate thing she has said, emailed or done to me over the course of the last month and I have almost 12 pages in a word document with half inch margins in size 8 Arial font - that is far beyond what I should have to deal with.  I have however nowhere to go with this information that wouldn't get me fired for even attempting.  The new parent company doesn't have an outlet for and neither does anyone onsite.  So than the only option is to get out.  I really don't want to leave the company, but I can't even guarantee that my reputation within the company is still anything to be happy about from the way that she talks.

Ok, so now that I've gotten all that off my chest, I am hoping you are still with me.  Let's just say that the last year since this director came on board with our department has not been a picnic that anyone would actually enjoy.

 For the good stuff, my baby sister had a little baby girl who will be a month old tomorrow :)  Aurora Grace, nicknamed "Rori", was born on 10/12 at 3:33p at a healthy 19 inches and 7.5 pounds.  She is the cutest little thing and she is beyond spoiled.  I have a crib, bouncy chair, play mat, blankets, diapers, wipes, and clothes at my house for her.  I stole her and babysat last Friday to give my sister a break from her "attachment" for a few hours and I had Rori until almost midnight.  Rori is not yet on a schedule since she's so little yet so for the most part while she was with me she slept.  I however found out later that weekend that she started sleeping in four hour blocks after that night :)


I have run into some of my own health issues lately that have not been fun and are not anywhere near to completely diagnosed yet.  I have a feeling I'll be on here a lot more over the next few months letting off steam and venting as I completely stress out between the holidays and the health stuff.

We did throw a housewarming right after Rori was born.  It was brought up at that time that my husband's maternal side of the family probably wouldn't have Christmas together since the Aunt who normally 'sponsors' the party did want to throw the party this year.  I of course opened my big mouth and said that we would throw it at the new house. So here I go planning party number 4 within the first six months we are in the house.  Am I crazy?

Anyway, in the world of party planning - I've become something of an expert between the wedding, a baby shower, a birthday party, and a house warming under my belt.  Now I'm planning the next big family gathering for close to 70 people in the same fashion.  I might be able to spin this into a business, maybe.  I don't know where I'll find the time to plan anyone else's parties when I can barely squeeze my life together in the waking hours of a day.

No comments: