So I've made it though my third week of the real world and I figured out that, thanks to my college education, I will mostly have to take out another loan to pay for my wedding, that I will never own a new car, and that I will die still in debt to someone.
Overall, it's been a very bad week. I'm bored at work, and we all know that my being idle leads to me being cranky. I've already been told my new boss that I'm overproducing people that have been there before me. To which I wanted to fire back, well if people that work here would actually do their job and not screw around at their desks, then everyone would produce like me, but believe it or not, I found I can hold my tongue. I can actually be politically correct all day long. It's torture, don't get me wrong, but I can do it.
I have found this weird inner strength in me these last couple weeks, that say that I can do a lot of things that I never thought I would. I've stood up to someone twice my age and told them they're an idiot if they thought I would accept their offer of a contract. Found something else to do job wise with some pretty decent benefits and a paycheck. However, in planning my budget, I find that one grand a month doesn't stretch far, when your college education cost you as much as a brand new house.
So while I might have gotten myself emotionally and mentally further than I've been I'm still stuck in the same financial hole I've always been and I don't know how to get out of it just yet, but I'm working on a solution, and right now, it's a second job. So I'm back to job hunting only this time for a part time gig.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment