Wednesday, November 19, 2008

1st Semester

I am a Senior Digital Communications Major at Lebanon Valley College. If you've never heard of it, that doesn't surprise me. It's this tiny liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania. The only reason I found it is because of the Digital Communications major. It's the only one like it: it's Computer Science, Business, Communications, and Design all in shot. I picked the design portion to focus on and 3 years later I'm looking back going, what did I learn?

It's almost Thanksgiving break (I actually think we're only 6 days away) and personally I can't wait to go home. This whole semester is finally catching up to me. I'm finally feeling the weight of classes and readings and papers and presentations and everything else. I feel like I've lost my social life this year, though it's not like I'm a very social person to begin with. Ok, no really I'll be honest, I'm a homebody. I like staying in after a long day, curling up in the corner of the couch under a fuzzy blanket in front of ridiculous tv and zoning out. Sometimes I'm cuddled up to my fiance and other times I'm just relaxing on my own.

This is the first year that I felt like I found a good roommate. Now don't get me wrong, she's not awful, but she's not perfect and there's just a few things that just drive me nuts. It's not as bad as other years, but it's far from what she and I decided on either. She's out and off doing things I won't post about 4 out of 7 nights a week because she doesn't have anything before noon most days. She whines when things are dirty but doesn't clean them. She wakes me up when she comes in at 2am and then says that I give her an "I'm gonna kill you" look (and who wouldn't at 2am when they've been asleep for 3 hrs).

Right now, I'm sitting in my senior seminar course with a couple of tech guys giving a lecture that I'm ignoring because it has nothing to do with what I do. Everyone is on their laptops doing work or blogging or screwing around in general on the Web. But hey, that's the senior seminar, we don't really do much. I've spent most of the first hour and a half of the class looking at wedding vows just to keep from falling asleep. As soon as they shut up though I'm going to get a cup of coffee cause otherwise I'm going to fall asleep.

No comments: