The one thing about being a college kid is that you almost never seem to have money.
I wish I was kidding, I'm finally through my last fall semester, and it's coming up on that wonderful holiday season and I'm realizing that I have no money. I mean absolutely no money. There's 30 bucks in my bank account and maybe 10 dollars in change in my purse (and yes it is my goal by this weekend to find somewhere to change all that loose change over to cash). But still that's not a lot of money. It's not enough to go christmas shopping or shoe shopping or anything. I don't get my last paycheck for the work I do at school till the 23rd which doesn't help me at all. I've put in 25 job applications between yesterday and this morning to no avail as of yet. But I'm hopeful, there are some places that are always looking for help, cause they can't hold on to the help they do get.
BUt the being home part, that's the best part. Free laundry, real edible food, all the babies coming to visit (yes, I do mean babies as in my nieces and nephews). It's just weird. I spent some time this afternoon unpacking and it's weird. There's no other word for it. I still get this really weird sensation when I come home for breaks that part of me doesn't belong here anymore. So it's weird. My mother doesn't let go of me for 20 min and Dad spends the entire drive home lecturing me on what I should or shouldn't be doing at school though he hasn't heard anything about what's going on up at school anyway. He just assumes and starts lecturing, but that's Dad for you.
So I'm through my finals and I think I did pretty well on them, I'm home and weirded out by this, and I'm jobless and I don't have any money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment