Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Christmas Time Again

Ok so it's the weekend before Christmas and the start of holiday visitors making rounds. The cards have been coming in the mail for days, more than half of them from people I haven't seen in several years.

I got the job at Ulta. They put me in as full time seasonal which means that I should have a pretty nice pay check when I finally get paid the day after Christmas. It makes getting those last couple gifts kind of hard. The whole being broke thing and needing money to make purchases. Apparently it doesn't matter how hard I work at getting a job I still get paid all screwy. And I still haven't heard from the bowling alley again. So I'm not working there at all I guess. It's cool cause these people were really only looking for temporary help anyway. So the whole me going back to school for the spring semester works out for both of us.

I got assigned to the Fragrances department for my stay at Ulta. This means that all day long I sell perfumes and aftershaves. And that when I finally get to leave 8 hours after I get there I smell atrocious because of all the different scents that you end up wearing.

But today is the day of the other half's family holiday party and it starts in just a couple hours so I guess I should start getting ready.

No comments: